Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sidewalk Chalk Games

Okay, so I'm quite proud of this game I created. It came out of nowhere one day when we took out the sidewalk chalk. It's supposed to be a game about feelings. However, two of my 'feelings' ended up being 'Hairy' and 'Sunny,' and I know those aren't real feelings, but we had fun, and Rachel knew which was which, so whatever, right? So it started with me drawing a couple of 'feelings' faces, like this one.

He's actually looking a little more worried than angry, but it's a bumpy driveway, so what can you do? Anyway, the idea is to ride your tricycle to the faces I say (Ride to the happy face! Now ride to the angry/worried face!). Then (more genius on my part), I drew lines in between them, like this:

Each face had a different kind of line attached, so Rachel followed the lines (with feet, not her bike) AS WELL as learned the names of different kinds of lines (wavy, straight, zig zag, spiral). Nothing like adding a little vocabulary lesson to your physical movement, eh? Here's some more of my delightful artwork for you:

As you can see, I wrote 'Hairy' on the left top of the picture. Rachel wrote it on the right in Rachel writing. Looks a little Arabic if you ask me. She's probably a genius. Here's her picture:

 I don't remember what feeling it was. I just remember that she told me. Sorry. Mommy brain!
Maybe it was a picture of someone throwing up? The feeling would then be, 'Sick' I guess!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!! Love the last photo -- LOL

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Crystal! So glad you liked the granola bars!! I just made another batch earlier this week. So yummy!! I've never tried freezing them because they NEVER last that long in this household. LOL I don't see any reason why they wouldn't freeze well, but if I ever try it, I will let you know! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete