Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snack Time Treasure Hunt

Today my nephew was over, and while he and Rachel were out playing in the sandbox, I made up a yummy snack, then hid it in the woods beside our house with a big 'X' on top. I made a quick map of our property...



...then stuck it in an envelope with a skull and cross bones on the top.


I told them snack was on the table, and when it wasn't there, we discovered it had been stolen by pirates and they accidentally left their map to its hiding place on the table! We have a little toy compass kicking around the house and I stuck that in the envelope too. 



They both took off running outdoors. 










We stopped on the pathway and worked out which way we should go from there and discovered the treasure. We brought it inside and enjoyed our yummy treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment