Monday, February 1, 2010

Summer Tea Party

I stumbled across Rachel's pool toys, which include a plastic tea party set I found at a yard sale for $1 this summer. I played with this once inside before banning the set to the pool because she got water EVERYWHERE. However, I knew it'd be a great distraction, so I put my thinking cap on and came up with two perfect solutions: 1) Play ontop of a double folded towel 2) Only refill the teapot with water when she drank most of the water in her teacups. Last time, I kept topping her up, and she just continued overflowing all of her cups. Sometimes, I don't think.



Playing with her tea set caused her to consume a good amount of water. It's a great thing to do if your child hasn't had much liquids that day and they don't take to having water forced down their throat. Rachel's not a big fan of milk, so maybe next time I'll put (a very small amount of) milk in her tea pot next time!



P.S. - Pretend that you don't notice my daughters eccentric clothes and messy hair, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment