Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fun with Felt

It doesn't get cheaper than this!


Take a few pieces of felt, sold for 4/$1 at the Dollar stores. Cut into food shapes. Voila! A new toy with endless creations! I made a ziploc bag in minutes with three choices:

Chocolate chip cookies















A Sandwich



















A Hamburger




















In the past, I've made holiday themed items that need to be 'decorated,' such as an orange pumpkin with different black shapes to make a Jack-O-Lantern face, and a green Christmas tree with different shapes for ornaments. I'd love to make a little gingerbread boy and girl to go along with "The Gingerbread Boy" book we took out of the library recently.

Rachel loves her new 'food'. Just today she made a sandwich, and galloped around the house in circles repeating: "A sandwich. A sandwich. A sandwich!" See? Felt is exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Felt is great, isn't it - so easy to work with, so durable, and lovely to handle.

    Andi from Laundry on the Line suggested I get in touch with you as I'm looking for people who like books and creative play to contribute to a series I have on my blog (Playing by the book) called Fantastic Fiction for Kids. The details of the series are here: http://www.playingbythebook.net/fantastic-fiction-for-kids/
    If you think that this might be your cup of tea, I'd love to have you contribute - please have a read through link and do get in touch if you'd like to :-)

    ReplyDelete